Thank you so much to everyone who made 2014 happen for me. Although this post is mainly focused on the weddings I had this year, I do appreciate all of the seniors, few family sessions and various events that I photographed. God has given me the perfect job. That sounds so cheesy but it's true. I am able to stay home with my son, Jude, during the day and head to photoshoots in the afternoons and weddings on Saturdays. Oh and can I brag on my husband Trent for a second. He is the best. Seriously, the best. For someone who is currently in seminary and constantly studying, I don't see how he finds the time to take care of me and Jude AND work part time, but he does. The Still house feels chaotic 24/7 (especially during the busy wedding season...and christmas...and when Trent has finals....or anytime during any semester of school for Trent lol) but by the grace of God we survive each day, week, month and year. BUT I truly love what I do and am so thankful to work with so many wonderful people. I love weddings. I love holding my camera up to my eye and seeing something new each wedding/photoshoot. I love meeting new people and getting to know them.
I wanted to show some of my favorite shots from this year (in no particular order) that weren't of just bride and groom portraits.
Random fun facts from this year:
- It only rained at one of my weddings
- I second shot a ton of weddings with other photog friends
- 5 out of 9 of my brides are nurses
- 2 of my brides are best friends and were in each others weddings
- my sister was a bridesmaids in 2 of my weddings
- I had 3 spring weddings, 4 summer and 2 fall
- I photographed a brothers wedding and his sisters
- There were 4 of my couples that I didn't already know
- sparkler exits are my favorite, always will be
- The USC mascot, Cocky appeared at one of my weddings
Oh and here are just a few of my favorite shots (in no particular order) from my awesome second shooters. Don't know what I would do without them on a wedding day. :)